Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Group's "Award" Winning Poem

Last week we had a poem writing competition in our class for english.. We got into our own groups and started writing on a poem with the theme "Beauty Is Just Skin Deep". Me, Cherly and Ehsan made our own group. I dunno bout the others but I had tons of fun doing this got we came up with sooo much crap.. Lol.. Anywayz, we only found out today that we won 1st.. FIRST!!!! Muahahahaha.. So all my "emo" poem writing skills have come to good use.. Damn all those people use to think my poem's are emoooo and condemned it.. Muahahaha.. XD.. Oh ya, we won a small box of Cadbury Assortment chocolates which made Cherly go super high and crazy.. :P

This is the poem we wrote..

You look at me,
You will not only see,
Another part of beauty,
That loves being so wonderfully me.

What is beauty?
Beauty is more than meets the eye,
And you cannot lie,
For that's the reason why,
We are meant to be.

Like an oyster that's ugly on the outsdie,
But very valuable on the inside,
True beauty can be hidden from sight,
But can always shine bright.

Finding true love we have no clue,
A beauty so deep hidden from view,
Outward beauty may deceive,
But a pure and kind heart will always give.

For me,
Beauty is just skin deep,
For a sincere heart is mine to keep.

By : Cherly Phua Xue Li, Elaina Teng, Muhd. Nur Ehsan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home